Guest Post | Drugstore No Makeup Makeup Look

Hello everyone! 

You may know me from my blog, A Sprinkle of Emily, and if you don’t then go and check out my blog at the end of this post! Today I am going to be sharing with you a natural makeup look that is perfect for the back to school season. I have made sure that this look is affordable, so all of the items mentioned are from the drugstore. :) 


Rimmel Stay Matte primer (£5.99)
I like to prime my face before I apply makeup, as it helps your makeup stay on all day. If you are wearing makeup for school it is especially important to prime your face as you may not have time to reapply your makeup throughout the day. I love the Rimmel Stay Matte primer as it really does keep your makeup on longer, and it acts almost like a glue for your foundation. 

GOSH #Foundation Drops (£12.99)
£12.99 is a little pricey for a drugstore foundation, but I think that you should spend a little more on a foundation. I was sent the GOSH foundation drops and I really do love them. They offer a really natural high coverage finish, and it is a super light formula. I’m not too crazy on the whole pipette thing, but I love this foundation as it gives a really nice dewy finish. 

Rimmel Clear Complexion powder (£3.99)
When I use a dewy foundation I like to set my powder with the Rimmel Clear Complexion powder as it sets the foundation without making it matte. However, if I am using a matte foundation I will use the Rimmel Stay Matte powder alongside that. I always set my foundation using a Rimmel powder as they don’t cake up throughout the day like most powders do. 


MUA blushers (£1.00 each)
I love the MUA blushers because they are an absolute bargain and they add a nice pop of colour to the cheeks. The cream blushers are £2.00, but I do prefer the powder formula ones which are only £1.00 each. These blushers last really well and come in some really pretty shades. My favourite shades are Lolly and Cupcake. 


Maybelline Master Sculpt contour duo (£6.99)
You don’t need to contour when you are going to school, but you can do a subtle contour if you really want to. I love the Maybelline Master Sculpt as it gives a really subtle contour look without it looking ‘muddy’. 

Maybelline Colour Tattoos (£4.99 each)
I rave about the Maybelline Colour Tattoos all the time as they are AMAZING! You can wear them on their own or with shadows on top. They are super easy to blend and you get them in a wide range of shades and finishes, including leather effect. 

Rimmel Wonder’Full mascara (£7.99)
I try out so many mascaras, and it was really hard to choose a favourite, but I feel like the Rimmel Wonder’Full mascara gives a really nice natural look. It fives the lashes length and volume whilst still looking somewhat natural. 

Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick in Pink Pearl (£6.99)
There are so many natural lipsticks out there, but my favourite drugstore one has to be Pink Pearl from Maybelline. It is really moisturising and gives a nice sheen to the lips, so basically your lips but better! 

I hope that you enjoyed this blog post. 
I would love to see you over on my blog; www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

Emily xo

*If you would like to guest post on my blog, please email abbiew150@gmail.com all welcome*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram